Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

Hello, I’m Kaitlyn and I have been in the AICE Media class for six months. We have now began working on our final task. In my experience, there have been positives and negatives when it came to producing my past assignments. I liked the brainstorming process of creating the plot for films. It was quite satisfactory when my partner and I got excited about an idea that we thought was good for the film. Editing raw footage had its ups and downs. It was quite tedious having to edit so many videos but it was all worth it in the end when my partner and I would watch our final product and be happy with what we made. However. one of the parts I disliked doing was blogging. After a long day of filming or working on other assignments, I did not look forward to write blogs about my experience. I have decided to work with Stephanie once again for the final task. She has proven herself to be a reliable and hardworking partner.

Throughout this course I have acquired many new skills and learned new things about myself. One of my goals when enrolling in this class was improve my filming skills. The past filming assignments I have done have taught so much about elements, such as camera equipment, camera angles, and lighting, that are incorporated into film. I also discovered my love for being behind the camera. Acting is not my strong suit so I prefer being involved in the behind the scene processes such as being the director. Before entering this class, I barely had any knowledge about editing footage. I have now developed a grasp of how to use editing software. I used to wonder how movie makers were able to plan out their long, detailed films. In this class, I learned that movie makers organize their movies through story boarding. I have come to enjoy the story boarding process because I love to draw.

Our first assignment was to come up with pitches. A pitch is an idea where a film is encapsulated. Typically it is one sentence that is about 25 words in length. Stephanie and I have chosen three possible pitches. Our first pitch is, "In a perfect society, everyone gets a dot on their wrist on their 16th birthday. Green you live, red you die." Our second pitch is, "A group of teens were enjoying their last day of summer until they discovered one of Wellington Falls darkest secrets." Our last pitch is, "Two girls are trying to escape their kidnapper of three months, but there's something the other girl doesn't know."


No comments:

Post a Comment