Monday, November 25, 2019

Music Video Blog

Today Stephanie and I filmed our music video. I came to Stephanie’s house at 10 AM and we began getting dressed for the film. After getting ready, we filmed the first two scenes in the bathroom which were the eye and lip close-ups. They were both filmed at eye level. Then we moved on to the living room where we filmed most of the scenes. We started with the scene where Stephanie and I were talking. Next we did the scene  where we filmed Stephanie pouring water into the plant. We had to do many takes because she kept spilling the water.

We also had to do retakes of that scene because I kept looking towards the camera when I was supposed be looking away. Before we did scenes in the hallway, we had to sit and take a look at our storyboard because we were confused on who was doing what in the scene. When we finally figured it out we began filming. Then we went into the kitchen and filmed two scenes. When we filmed our kitchen scenes we were presented with three safety concerns. The first one was that we filmed the scene where Stephanie was coming up behind me with a mallet at a high angle, so the camera had to be propped up at a very high place. We had a person on stand by the camera just in case. The second issue was that in the scene Stephanie swung her mallet as if she was going to hit me in the head.

This posed a serious safety issue because one wrong move could’ve lead me to actually getting hit in the head. However Stephanie signaled when we she was going to swing the mallet so I wouldn’t get hurt. The last safety concern was that after Stephanie “hits” me with her mallet I collapse to the floor. We placed pillows in the area where I am supposed to fall so I wouldn’t get injured. After that scene, we touched up our makeup and did a costume change for the two phone call flashback scenes. We both wore Christmas pajamas to show the viewers that the scenes are apart are the flash back. We wanted to include another scene where Stephanie would be dragging my lifeless body to show that she ended up killing me but we didn’t have enough time to do so. Overall, since we knew how to work the camera and manage our time better, filming the music video went by smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment