Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Filming Blog: Kaitlyn’s House

Today Stephanie and I began filming. Stephanie arrived to my house at around 10:50 a.m.. We were both in costume already, which was a white tank top and black leggings, which helped filming go by quicker. We separated the storyboard into scenes that needed to be filmed at my house and scenes that needed to be filmed at Stephanie’s house. We first filmed the scenes that needed to be filmed in the hallway of my house. Originally, we had planned to have my sister dress up as a guard and have her act like she was constructed me. Then Stephanie would punch the guard and save me. However, we decided that I would act like I was tied up and Stephanie untied me. We also never utilized my sister as an extra in the film. This was one of the many improvisations we made.

After we filmed the scenes outside in my backyard. It started to rain so we wait to do some of the scenes. However, we were able to film some of the scenes under the shelter of my canopy. I retrieved a black jacket and a mask for Stephanie to wear when we she had to do a scene of her dressed as a guard. This scene was originally meant to be played by my sister but we thought it was more convenient to have Stephanie be a guard. We did another close up of Stephanie as a guard but this time she was shooting a gun. We wanted to spray paint a water gun black to make it seem more realistic. However, I thought about the potential safety concerns that it could pose and decided that it would be best to leave the water gun as it was. This scene was actually filmed while it was still raining. I held an umbrella while panning the camera which was a bit of a tedious task but it was worth it in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment