Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Blog

Today we weren't able to edit our footage. Pinnacle Studios wasn't working on any of our computers so our teachers had us transfer the footage to our Google Drive account. This process took a very long time since we had to upload a lot of footage to two separate google accounts. Instead, our teachers had us plan out what we are going to do when we are able to edit. We watched the clips over and decided which ones we wanted to keep and which ones we wanted to keep. We were very disappointed because we saw that the clips were blurry and the colors were very monochromatic. In addition, sometimes the videos would be at a normal speed and sometimes they were in slow motion. We came to the conclusion that it was due to our poor camera quality that our footage came out this way. The sound quality was also terrible. However, we are going to do a voice over and added music to the commercial so we didn't have to use the original audio.

We had a lot of funny clips that we wished we were allowed to do bloopers for this assignment. For the first scene will be me running toward the camera. We took two different shots of me running, one of me facing toward the camera and the other me running facing away from the camera. We want to do a reverse shot from me running toward the camera, to me drinking Gatorade, to me running away from the camera. Originally, we didn't plan on having a scene of me running away from the camera in the first place which is why we had to get creative and find some way to blend it into our commercial. We lost the footage of Stephanie doing rhythmic gymnastics on the senior patio. Luckily, we did a retake of that scene on the  track field and we still have the footage. So after Stephanie's rhythmic gymnastics scene we want to add in the scene of her drinking Gatorade. We also lost the footage of Stephanie drinking Gatorade on the senior patio. We also did a retake of that scene on the track field and we're planning to include that in the commercial.

For our stair scene, we noticed how some parts of the video were in flow motion. We aren't really sure how to fix this issue through editing yet but hopefully we will figure it out. The last scene, which is the close up of the drinks while Stephanie and I were sitting in the background we noticed the same slow motion issue. While filming that scene, Stephanie wanted us to smile while each of us were holding a Gatorade bottle. We are still planning on including that part in the commercial but I don't like it. I feel like that part looks unnatural and I feel that it doesn't belong in a sports drink commercial. Also, I don't like the way that scene was filmed. I envisioned the camera to be very close up to the Gatorade bottles to emphasize the focus was on them. I also wanted Stephanie and I to be not be in focus so no attention was on us. However, we weren't able to film it the way I imagined it to be. In order for the camera to get Stephanie and I sitting on the building five stairs, it had to be very far away from the Gatorade bottles. This drew more attention to Stephanie and I instead of the sports drinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment