Saturday, October 5, 2019

Introductory

Hello, my name is Kaitlyn and I am a high school sophomore. I’m enrolled in AICE Media, which is a class that teaches you about the elements of filmmaking. I decided to take this class because I was interested in improving my photography skills. In this course, we are required to create a commercial, the beginning of a film, and take an exam that tests our knowledge of film production. I’m looking forward to creating the commercial the most because I can express my creativity through cinema. I will be working with my partner, Stephanie, on the commercial and short film. She is reliable and focused which will be a big help when it comes to things such as storyboarding and filming.

Our first project is the commercial in which we created a 30 second video promoting a product. Initially, Stephanie and I planned to do a perfume commercial because we loved the abstract and uniqueness of those types of commercials. However, we found out that we had limited options and were not able to do the product we wanted. We decided to do a commercial advertising blue Gatorade because there are various types of blue Gatorade that we could use for the commercial. It is also  convenient because at our school we have a track that we are allowed to film on which would be perfect for a sports drink commercial. We were also considering doing a Dunkin Donuts commercial but it would be hard because it would be tedious to keep the  Dunkin Donuts food products intact during the school day. We plan to get our inspiration from Gatorade commercials and also sports apparel commercials because those types of commercials share common elements that we can use during our production process.

In our pre-production process we are starting with storyboarding. We have to make 5 slides, which represent 6 seconds of the commercial, that include different camera angles, editing, and sounds that will be included in our commercial. Then once our storyboard is approved by our teachers we will begin writing our script and filming. Stephanie and I will have to use our time wisely because we’ve only been given a small amount of time to do our filming. During our post-production stage  we will be editing our commercial and getting it ready to be turned into Cambridge. Throughout this process we will be blogging our about our experiences during the production. I’m sure our commercial will turn out great, or at least I hope it does. Wish us luck on our cinematic journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment