Friday, March 6, 2020

Filming Blog: Things That Went Wrong

During filming a lot of things didn't go our way so we had to improvise quite a bit. The first thing that went wrong was that Stephanie got injured when we were filming. Stephanie had to jump over my legs to get to the other side of me but when she did she hit her head on my mini chandelier. We had a safety kit on stand by in case something like this happened. Luckily, she only had a small cut on her finger and I gave her a band-aid. I swept up the glass shards that fell from the chandelier as well. Next, it started raining when we were filming outside. We had to be quick and film during the short intervals when the rain had stopped.One scene that was hazardous was when we had to run on wet tile that was right next to my pool. To prevent any injuries, Stephanie and I jogged slowly when we did the scene. We also brought the safety kit outside with us.

During filming we noticed some potential racial issues that could be perceived as racism. I am African-American and I played roles such as a guard and a kidnapped could raised potential issues. We decided that Stephanie should do a scene where she played as a guard so we wouldn't have any problems. Moving forward, when Stephanie and I went to go purchase a doughnut, we had to run in the rain which could have led to us getting hurt. There is a scene where Stephanie had to fall out of her chair. In one of the takes, when Stephanie was falling her chair had unintentionally flipped over. We put pillows on the ground to keep her safe when an accident such as this one happened. Lastly, when recording our last few takes my camera started to shut off because the batteries were exhausted. I didn't bring extra batteries and Stephanie offered to go buy me some more. However, I took the batteries out of the camera for a few minutes then reinserted them and the camera turned on again.



No comments:

Post a Comment