Thursday, March 19, 2020

Editing Blog: Editing by Myself

The last day of editing in class had begun and our movie was still far from finished. For the third class period in a row, Stephanie had to stay home because she had the flu for the whole week. It was up to me to finish the movie. I started by finishing up selecting our footage. After that, I began to trim the clips do my desired length. This took up a majority of the time I had in the period. Once I finished that, I added a filter to a scenes that were apart of the flash forward. I was getting very frustrated because my computer was going very slow and for some reason the filter wouldn't show up. I decided to give up on adding the filter then moved onto adding the subtitles. As I mentioned before, my computer was lagging so this task took longer than it probably should've.

I was having trouble changing the colors of the text in the titles so I had to ask someone around me to help me out. While I was working on the titles, a notification popped up on my computer saying that the laptop's battery was almost dead. At this point, I was already stressed and this just added to it. There were about 20 minutes left in the period and I wanted to do everything I possibly could during that time, but it didn't seem like it would work out that way. I still needed to finish the titles, add music and sound effects, and put a filter over the flash forward. So I texted Stephanie and told her my dilemma. I also told her that I would use i Movie on my iPad and edit the movie from scratch. Stephanie told me she felt bad for not being there so she would download the i Movie and edit the clips. I was disappointed in myself because I felt I had failed my group for not being able to finish editing the movie by myself. With that being said, I was also very grateful because Stephanie and I make a great team and I don't think neither of us would've been able to succeed in any of the projects in our media class by ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment