Monday, April 6, 2020

Re-shoot Blog

The corona virus outbreak has made reshooting much more difficult. When we were back in school, Stephanie and I originally planned on doing reshoots the weekend before spring break. We didn’t feel that we had many scenes to redo but we knew that we had a lot to do in re-editing. We had discussed which scenes we wanted to re-film such as the scene when Stephanie falls out of the chair and looks towards the door. We also wanted to add in scenes that we were missing such as an establishing shot. But before we could actually reshoot, our school was closed due to the corona virus. We attempted to try and plan someway for Stephanie and I to meet up. Stephanie’s mom agreed to letting us film only if I could go over to Stephanie’s house. However, Stephanie’s mother kept changing her mind about letting me come over and my parents were also skeptical about letting me go. We decided that it would be better for us to do our parts for reshoots individually.

A few days later, Stephanie and I FaceTimed to talk about which scenes we should redo. We decided that I should do an establishing shot of my backyard and Stephanie does a redo of her falling out of her chair. When I went to go and film my backyard, my camera’s SD card wasn’t working. Instead, I used my phone to record it. I found that my cellphone has a camera quality that’s almost as good as my Nikon camera. After that, I sent the video to Stephanie. She informed me that she had also finished her reshooting as well. We FaceTimed again to talk about how we were doing in our new environments and how we would go forward with our media project. Our teachers suggested that we put our previous projects in the blog where we post our final opening so we can show progress. We were a bit stressed because we couldn’t find our music video and commercial projects because they were downloaded onto our school laptops. We ended up deciding not to include them since we didn’t have access to them. We also decided that Stephanie will handle re-editing while on call with me so we can try our best to work on our opening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment